Sewing, Knitting & Quilting
Volunteers interested in creative activities bring thousands of items into the hospital each year, either for re-sale in the Gift Shop or for use by patients. Some of those items include;
- over 2000 Tops for Tots for newborns
- Special Baby Kits for the families who have experienced a stillbirth
- toe socks for patients receiving foot and leg casts
- chemo hats for patients receiving chemotherapy
- finger puppets for the children in Specimen Collection, Emergency and Ambulance Services
- heart monitor sacks for Cardiac Services.
The funds raised by these volunteers, help to support the following Auxiliary programs;
- transportation for patients requiring financial assistance to come to the hospital for their appointments
- newspaper and magazine subscriptions, both English and French, for the Hostel and Extended Care Units
- Lifeline subscribers subsidy
- the Care Clowns program in the Saint John Regional Hospital.
- Oncology cart - provides juice, water and coffee for oncology patient
- gifts for patients without family at Christmas
- support for extended care activities
For more information on this program you can contact the Auxiliary office or call Judy MacLeod at 847-5029.