Volunteers are an integral and valued part of everything we do. Auxiliary volunteers serve the community by helping the Auxiliary raise funds in support of our Patient Comfort Programs, Education Awards, and with the purchases of much needed equipment.
Volunteers are currently being recruited for our Gift Shop and Patient Programs.
Volunteering within one of the Auxiliary's businesses requires the following skills/aptitudes:
- Commitment to customer service
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy skills
- Active listening skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and approaching others to offer assistance
- Able to stand/walk for 3-4 hours
- Strong sense of commitment, able to consistently demonstrate excellent attendance
Volunteers are also required to attend a hospital orientation on security, confidentiality, infectious disease control, fire and safety, and general policies. As well, new volunteers will be required to take on the job training relevant to the position you are volunteering for.